I recently had the chance to try out products from The Dead Sea Co. and I have to say, I’m impressed! Their skincare products are rich in minerals and really make a difference to the health of your skin. In this review, I’ll go over some of my favourite products and why I think they’re worth checking out.
About the Dead Sea Co
The Dead Sea Co. was founded in the UK and Jordan by Serina, Laith and Hana. It produces cosmetics and skincare products made from the minerals of the Dead Sea; which contain mineral concentrations up to 80 times higher than those found in other seas.
The company’s mission is a holistic one, to provide both physiological and psychological benefits to the user. People can achieve both a clear complexion and reduced muscle aches by using these products. Alongside the knowledge that they are using natural ingredients, free of damaging chemicals. The Dead Sea Co’s products are a bit expensive, but they are worth it in my opinion.
‘Get the Glow’ Set Review
The ‘Get the Glow’ set from the Dead Sea Co. contains a mineral mud mask for the face, a mask brush for application and a vitality bath bomb.
Mineral Mud Mask and Mask Brush
Main ingredients and their properties:
- Dead sea mud: detoxifying, hydrating and anti-aging
- Chamomile extract: anti-oxidant and anti-aging
- Honey extract: anti-oxidant, hydrating and fights acne
- Pomegranate seed oil: hydrating and anti-oxidant
- Jojoba oil: hydrating, moisturising and anti-bacterial
- Sweet almond oil: hydrating and opens pores
- Vitamin E: anti-oxidant and anti-aging
- Aloe Vera: anti-oxidant and helps treat skin conditions
Scent: I wouldn’t say I particularly like the scent of the mineral face mask, it’s very potent.
Ease of application: The product is fairly easy to apply using the brush provided. However, I ended up using my hands to apply it towards the end, as I found that easier.
Ease of use: The product is simple to apply and not too difficult to remove; even by simply using your hands and a sinkful of water. Then towelling off the remainder.
Feel of your skin afterwards: My skin felt slightly smoother afterwards.
Negatives: The main downside of this product is the off-putting scent. However, the overall product supersedes this negative, making the product a worthwhile purchase.
Vitality Bath Bomb
Main ingredients and their properties:
- Dead sea salt: softens and hydrates skin, relieves muscle tension and reduces inflammation
- Cocoa butter: moisturising and anti-oxidant
- Sodium Bicarbonate mixed with citric acid: a hard base where the bath bomb gets their fizz from. It helps dissolve essential oils and softens hard water.
- Arrowroot powder: a filler that helps a bath bomb to fizz for longer when placed in water
- Sweet orange peel oil and orange peel: added for scent
- Polysorbate 80 – a natural emulsifier
Scent: A subtle and refreshing orange smell
Ease of use: You simply place the bath bomb in your bath and the water does the rest, so it’s extremely easy to use.
Feel of skin afterwards: My skin felt energised and relaxed after using this bath bomb.
Negatives: There are no negatives as far as I am concerned.
Mineral soaking salts review
Out of all the Dead Sea Co’s products, I liked these the best. The one I tried was the Dead Sea Salt, Juniper Berries and Lemon Peel bath salts. I found the scent very pleasant and kept smelling it whenever I went to the bathroom! You could use it more sparingly, but I used it over 3 baths because I wanted more benefit from the mineral ingredients. My body felt relaxed and rejuvenated following a bath with these mineral salts.
I found all three Dead Sea Co. products very relaxing and nourishing. I particularly enjoyed the mineral soaking salts because they allowed me to de-stress and smelt divine.
Overall, I am very impressed with The Dead Sea Co’s line of products and would highly recommend them to anyone looking for high-quality, all-natural skincare items.
Poppy Victoria is a mother of two. She likes to pamper herself when she has the time!
She has used conventional beauty products all her life but is considering switching to green beauty products to be healthier and reduce her toxic load.