Dr. Hauschka is a brand I am really starting to love. Recently I’ve tested their Rose Deodorant which I loved and in the past few weeks, I’ve been using their Hydrating Hand Cream which is not a disappointment either.
If you are looking for a good quality natural hand cream that will actually give you results you should seriously consider Dr. Hauschka Hydrating Hand Cream. It’s one of those products well worth paying a little bit more for but the results are amazing.
There are so many natural hand creams on the market today but many don’t deliver. Although you get temporary relief, the dryness comes back very quickly. And some of them are just so greasy that you cannot even get on with your daily activities without having to wait for the cream to absorb. But Dr. Hauschka hand cream is different. Here is my honest review…
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links which means I may get a small commission if you purchase a product after clicking on a link. This does not cost you anything. I’ve received this product as a member of the LoveLula Blogger Accredited Programme free of charge in exchange for my honest review.
Just like all Dr. Hauschka products, their hand cream is also certified by NATRUE and contains only natural-based ingredients. There is no synthetic fragrances, dyes and preservatives in it.
The formulation contains alcohol but I haven’t had any issues with it. I know some people like to avoid it.
Glycerin is one of the main ingredients in this cream which is known to hydrate the skin and relieve the dryness.
Other ingredients include:
- Anthyllis Vulneraria Extract – Anthyllis is a medicinal plant used in traditional medicine for the treatment of wounds. The word ‘vulneraria’ actually means “wound healer”.
- Althaea Officinalis Root Extract (Marshmallow root) – traditionally used to treat digestive, respiratory, and skin conditions. It forms a protective layer on the skin, helping to soothe the skin and relieve inflammation. It produces mucilage which helps to soften the skin.
- Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil (Sweet almond oil) – a very common ingredient in skincare formulations, helps to soften and soothe the skin.
- Cera Alba (Beeswax) – a common ingredient found in lip balms and lipsticks, it has moisturising properties and helps to soften the skin.
- Prunus Spinosa Flower Extract (Blackthorn) – rich in antioxidants
- Arachis Hypogaea Oil (Peanut oil) – skin conditioning agent
- Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil (Jojoba oil) – mimics collagen & protects skin, skin conditioning agent
- Triticum Vulgare Germ Oil (Wheat germ oil) – has high levels of vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant that helps to nourish and protect the skin.
- Kalanchoe Daigremontiana Extract – medicinal plant with healing properties
- Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Root Extract – used for its antioxidant and conditioning properties
Unfortunately this hand cream is not suitable for vegans as it contains beeswax.
I love the scent of this hand cream. It’s not fruity, it’s more like a sweet herbal scent which is not very strong.
The cream has a very light texture and it’s not thick and oily at all.
It absorbs very quickly and doesn’t leave any greasiness behind.
It’s so light that you have to be careful when you are squeezing it out of the tube. When I first used it I squeezed out way too much product as I didn’t realise it wasn’t very thick so it comes out very easily.
I normally use this cream just before I go to bed and when I wake up in the morning my hands are in so much better condition.
Before I started using this cream my hands were seriously dry, especially my fingertips. I don’t know why my fingertips are the driest parts of my hands. I’ve tried so many different balms and creams to treat this but nothing really worked. While many hands creams moisturise my hands well enough, they just don’t work on my fingertips. So I was so happy when I could see that Dr. Hauschka Hand Cream is so hydrating and nourishing that was helping the skin on my fingertips really improve.
Since I’ve been using this cream my hands are not dry anymore and my fingertips are almost back to normal. This is such an incredible hand cream that really helps your skin to heal and keeps it moisturised for a long time. You would never think it would work so well as it’s so light but it does! More importantly, it doesn’t interfere with your daily activities as it absorbs very quickly.
Dr. Hauschka Hydrating Hand Cream is not the cheapest natural hand cream but it’s well worth its money. I cannot recommend it highly enough. Get it on the LoveLula website here >