Since I am not getting any younger I am now starting to look for ingredients in skincare products that would help to minimise my fine lines and delay further ageing. Hyaluronic acid is one of those ingredients well known to work on ageing skin.
Hyaluronic acid is naturally found in the skin and other body tissues and helps the skin to stay hydrated. As we age less hyaluronic acid is produced in the skin which results in loss of skin moisture and consequently dehydrated skin.
For that reason, I have now made hyaluronic acid serum a part of my skincare routine and lately, I’ve been testing The Organic Pharmacy Hyaluronic Acid Serum. In this review, you will learn all about its ingredients and what makes it better than other similar serums.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links which means I may get a small commission if you purchase a product after clicking on a link. This does not cost you anything. I’ve received this product as a member of the LoveLula Blogger Accredited Programme free of charge in exchange for my honest review.
One of the reasons why I really like The Organic Pharmacy Hyaluronic Acid Serum is because of its high percentage of organic ingredients (it’s 95.8% organic). Not all hyaluronic acid serums can boast about that!
The serum contains no animal-derived ingredients so it’s suitable for vegans as well.
Here is a breakdown of all the ingredients in this serum and what they do:
- Sodium Hyaluronate – the key ingredient in this formulation – extracted from hyaluronic acid has a lower molecular weight, meaning it has the capability to penetrate the top layers of the skin. As a result, it can hydrate the skin deep within. It’s proven to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and soothe and heal the skin.
- Witch hazel (Hamamelis Virginiana Flower Water) – calming and soothing for the skin.
- Sodium Lactate – a harmless substance used as a preservative but it also acts as a humectant (retains moisture).
- Glycerin – a common ingredient in skincare products helps to moisturise the skin.
- Benzyl Alcohol – it occurs naturally but it’s also synthetically produced. Some people react to it but it’s generally safe when used within the recommended concentrations.
- Algin – thickening and stabilising agent derived from brown algae.
- Citrus Grandis Peel Oil (Grapefruit) – skin conditioning agent with a scent.
- Chondrus Crispus (Carrageen moss) – Hydrating and rich in antioxidants, forms a protective film on the skin
- Xanthan Gum – Thickener and emulsifying agent
- Dehydroacetic Acid – a non-toxic synthetic preservative
- Citral – naturally derived from plant oils. It has a pleasant citrus scent and also has anti-bacterial properties.
The Organic Pharmacy Hyaluronic Acid Serum is very lightweight and I would describe the consistency as a liquid gel.
As it’s so liquid-like it’s easy and quick to apply. It absorbs quite quickly leaving a matte finish.
On its own, it feels almost like I have nothing on my skin so you do need to use a moisturiser afterwards.
Just like the hyaluronic acid serum from Evolve Beauty, this one also has an almost immediate plumping effect making my fine lines almost disappear but this is only a temporary effect. However, with regular use (twice a day), I can definitely see an improvement in my skin.
It takes a bit of time though to see any significant changes in the skin when using this serum which is normal. It took at least a couple of weeks before I could say with confidence that my fine lines look definitely better than before.
After about a month or so, I could see even more improvement and maybe with time, my skin will look even better.
I can now say confidently that The Organic Pharmacy Hyaluronic Acid Serum certainly helps to minimise the appearance of fine lines and I am happy to recommend it.
Keep in mind that you really need to stick with it and religiously apply the serum twice a day for as long as possible to see the positive changes. The 30 ml bottle should last you for at least one month and a half if you use it regularly and generously (based on my own usage).
How to use
Use on well-cleansed skin twice a day to reap all the benefits. Apply a moisturiser afterwards to get the best results.
As the product is quite runny I apply it slowly on my face drop by drop. I put one drop on my forehead and spread it evenly, then I do the same on my cheeks and nose and chin. I end with my neck and decollete.
The Organic Pharmacy Hyaluronic Acid Serum is competitively priced and I would say it’s not overpriced. Check the price on the LoveLula website here >