I don’t normally go for sunscreens with SPF15 as I prefer higher sun protection but I won Organii SPF15 Facial Sun Cream in a giveaway last year and thought to give it a try. I really like that it’s anti-ageing with ingredients that help to prevent wrinkles and improve the appearance of existing fine lines. This facial sun cream is suitable for all skin types, including the sensitive type.
So what did I think of it, did I get on with it? Read my full review to see my honest thoughts about this natural facial sun cream.
To be honest, my first impressions of Organii Facial Sun Cream were not that good actually. Although the cream appeared quite light, it felt really rich and oily. I was worried that it would cause breakouts on my combination skin. I was actually expecting that as it was so rich, but anyway, I thought I will just start using it and see what happens.
For the first time, I slathered plenty of Organii sun cream on my face and then distributed it evenly to make sure I cover every area of my face. The cream is easy to apply because it’s quite oily but also because its consistency is not that thick.
At first, I noticed a bit of whiteness on my face but this disappeared as I was massaging the cream onto my skin. The end result is no whiteness at all which I really like. But it left my face looking shiny and that’s probably because I apply a lot. However, after a while, once the cream settles, my face is not shiny at all. It also doesn’t feel greasy on my face. I’ve tried to demonstrate this “shine” on the pictures below, just look closely to see the difference.
I think if you want to apply makeup on top of this sun cream, you could, but you will have to wait a little bit for the cream to settle and absorb.
Although my initial impressions of this organic sun cream were not great, with time I actually started to like it. I was using it in winter when out and about and lately, for my late afternoon/evening walks and it’s actually really good.
The cream is really moisturising and it’s perfect for winter when your skin needs a little bit more care. I wouldn’t use it in summer in the worst heat of the day though as I prefer SPF30 for that, but when the sun is not very strong, this cream does a very good job. I feel my face is well protected from the sun and since I’ve been using it I never burnt. This natural sun cream offers both UVA and UVB protection. I will continue using it in the UK on days when I don’t need high sun protection but I know I have to use it up very soon as it should be used within 6 months of it being opened.
And in case you were wondering, did it cause my skin to break out? No, actually, surprisingly, no. It’s a rich cream but it seems that its ingredients won’t cause breakouts (at least on my skin).
What I also noticed about this facial sun cream is that it makes my fine lines less visible and I am hoping that at the same time it’s helping to prevent any more damage from happening.
What I also like about Organii Facial Sun Cream is that it comes in a handy 50ml tube which is travel-friendly so I can take it with me anywhere I go.
Organii SPF15 Facial Sun Cream Ingredients
Here is a full list of ingredients:
aqua (water), pongamia glabra seed oil, dicaprylyl ether, zinc oxide, polyglyceryl-3 polyricinoleate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, glycerin, *alcohol, olea europaea fruit oil, titanium dioxide, oryza sativa bran oil, *cocos nucifera oil, *simmondsia chinensis seed oil, *argania spinosa kernel oil, *linum usitatissimum oil, hydrated silica, magnesium stearate, magnesium sulphate eptahydrate, pongamol, oryzanol, alumina, stearic acid, tocopherol, sodium hyaluronate, *helianthus annuus seed oil, *daucus carota root extract, ascorbic acid, bisabolol, polyhydroxystearic acid, **parfum, benzyl salicylate, limonene, linalool.
*All ingredients with asterisk are from Certified Organic Farming
Organii facial sun cream contains certified organic ingredients and it’s certified natural and organic by Ecocert.
Although it contains alcohol, I don’t find it drying on my face (that’s probably because it contains several moisturising ingredients).
Here is a breakdown of its key ingredients:
- Mineral UV filters – Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide (safe filters that sit on top of your skin, reflecting the harmful UV light)
- Argan Oil – a natural moisturiser that hydrates and softens the skin. Vitamin E in this oil does not only help to maintain skin elasticity but it can even reduce acne as it’s highly anti-inflammatory. This oil does not clog pores.
- Coconut Oil – a natural moisturiser that is rich in anti-bacterial fatty acids and antioxidants. It can improve skin elasticity and prevents wrinkles.
- Carrot Seed Oil – it’s rich in powerful antioxidants and helps to moisturise and rejuvenate the skin.
- Flax Seed Oil – it’s rich in essential fatty acids which help to prevent wrinkles. It also helps to plump the skin, repairs the skin’s cells and improves skin’s elasticity, tone and texture.
- Karanja Seed oil (Pongamia glabra seed oil) – it has antiseptic and antioxidant properties and it’s especially beneficial for eczema and psoriasis.
- Hyaluronic Acid – well known for its anti-ageing properties.
- Olive Fruit Oil – it has anti-ageing properties due to its antioxidants and oleic acid which it contains.
- Jojoba Seed Oil – skin-friendly oil, easily absorbed and suitable for all skin types
- Sunflower Seed Oil – rich in vitamins and antioxidants it helps to combat skin issues such as acne and redness.
No wonder this facial sun cream works so well on my fine lines, it has some amazing natural oils that seem to be really effective! This also explains why it feels so rich and oily when first applied onto my face. Now I don’t mind this anymore as I know it’s doing something good on my skin.
Organii Facial Sun Cream Pros
- offers UVA & UVB protection
- does not leave any whiteness
- does not cause breakouts
- suitable for vegans
- it’s effective immediately after application, no need to wait
- contains anti-ageing ingredients
- suitable for sensitive skin
- does not contain parabens, mineral oils and harmful chemical filters such as Oxybenzone and Benzophenone
- does not contain synthetic perfumes and colourants
- does not contain nanoparticles
- nickel tested <1PPM
- travel-friendly size
- a bit oily
- only SPF15 available
- need to wait for the cream to absorb before applying makeup
- may stain clothing
Organii SPF15 Facial Sun Cream offers medium sun protection but if you prefer sun creams with higher SPF, Organii also have other sun products to choose from. These are the current options:
- SPF30 Sun Cream (125ml) – also anti-ageing
- SPF20 Sun Milk (100ml – travel size)
- SPF50 Sun Milk (125ml) – no added aroma
These sunscreens are not designed specifically for the face but they can be used all over the body.
Organii Facial Sun Cream is available to buy from the following online shops:
Have you tried any of Organii sunscreens yet and what did you think?
This post contains affiliate links.