Recently I’ve been testing Ayumi Moringa & Neem Shampoo in my quest to find the best natural shampoo for oily hair. I’ve already tried quite a few natural shampoos suitable for oily hair so I know exactly what I am looking for, what kind of shampoo is good and what shampoo is not so good. This natural shampoo from Ayumi is really affordable but how did I find it? Was I impressed? Read my full review below and find out.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links which means I may get a small commission if you purchase a product after clicking on a link. This does not cost you anything. I’ve received this shampoo free of charge as part of LoveLula Blogger Accredited Program. This does not affect my views and opinions.
Ayumi is a British brand which uses Aryuvedic principles to create natural beauty products. It has been born after extensive research and product development that focused on creating products that are well balanced in terms of scent and effectiveness. Their products are never tested on animals and are free from genetically modified ingredients. They are also certified as vegan and approved by PETA.
Ayumi offers a good selection of natural beauty products which include hair care, skin care and body care products.
Ayumi Moringa & Neem Shampoo Highlights
- Suitable for normal to oily hair
- Restores moisture and nourishment
- Paraben-free, no silicones, no artificial fragrance
- Approved cruelty-free and vegan
- Affordable natural shampoo
Ayumi Moringa & Neem Shampoo Ingredients
- Neem leaf – well known for its medicinal properties, it helps to tackle dandruff and encourages hair growth.
- Nettle leaf – it has anti-inflammatory properties and helps to combat hair loss and encourages hair growth.
- Amla (Indian Gooseberry) – a nourishing herb that helps to increase scalp stimulation and encourages healthy growth. It treats dandruff, cleanses the scalp and makes the hair shiny. It strengthens the hair and prevents dryness.
- Aritha (Reetha) – rich in iron it helps to maintain hair health.
- Shikakia – helps amla and reetha to work more effectively.
- Bearberry Leaf Extract – natural conditioner that combats hair fall and helps to strengthen the roots.
- Mulberry Leaf Extract (Morus Nigra) – helps hair to retain its natural colour, high in antioxidants.
- Essential oils: Tea Tree (antibacterial, anti-fungal), Neem Seed (anti-inflammatory) and Moringa Seed Oils (moisturises the scalp, fights dandruff).
Ayumi Moringa & Neem Shampoo is quite thick and feels really concentrated. The scent is really pleasant, natural and refreshing.
When I used it for the first time I made a mistake and squeezed out too much of shampoo. You actually don’t really need to use too much, you probably need half of what you would normally use. A little goes a long way which means that a 250ml bottle should last you for some time. This makes this shampoo really cost-effective.
The shampoo foams exceptionally well and after looking at its ingredients, I can see it must be mostly because of Ammonium Lauryl Sulphate (although also glucosides help). This ingredient is abbreviated as ASL and although it sounds similar to Sodium Lauryl Sulphate (SLS), it has different properties and different molecular structure. The main difference between the two is that ASL is considered much less irritating than SLS.
I’ve been using Ayumi Moringa & Neem Shampoo for about 2-3 weeks now and while it certainly cleans my hair well, I am not sure whether it’s doing much to reduce the oiliness. I don’t feel my hair stays fresher for longer when using this shampoo. John Master Organics shampoo does a much better job, to be honest. But that’s not to say that this is a bad shampoo, not at all. I would just say that there are better natural shampoos out there for oily hair, however, if you have normal hair this shampoo would be perfect for you.
You should also consider this shampoo if you have problems with hair loss, dandruff and weak hair since it contains some effective ingredients that can tackle these issues.
Petra Nakashian (previously Kravos) is a dedicated blogger who has been writing about natural health and beauty since 2014. Her journey began with a focus on living healthily and naturally, leading her to explore the world of natural beauty products. Influenced by the loss of her parents to cancer, she has meticulously researched the ingredients in beauty products. Her in-depth research and 10 years of hands-on experience have established her as a trusted expert in the field. She shares evidence-based insights to help readers make informed choices. Petra is the founder of Be Healthy Now and Green Beauty Talk, making her a go-to expert in natural beauty. Committed to transparency and honesty, Petra's work is a reliable resource for anyone navigating the complex world of natural beauty.