I am not the biggest fan of balms because they take time to absorb and I never seem to get good results with them. However, so far I had discovered a few good ones and Myroo Superfood Balm is definitely a good one. Here is my honest review where you will learn all about this balm and why you should give it a try.
Disclaimer: I’ve received this product as a member of the LoveLula Blogger Accredited Programme, free of charge in exchange for my honest review.
First of all, this is what you should know about Myroo Superfood Balm:
- It is certified vegan and cruelty-free.
- It’s been made especially for the most sensitive skin that is prone to allergies.
- It’s suitable for all skin types.
- It’s a multipurpose balm that can be used in a variety of ways: on your dry and rough heels, elbows and knees; as an overnight treatment for your hands, on dry cuticles and anywhere else your skin needs a boost.
Apart from common ingredients found in different moisturisers and balms, Myroo Superfood Balm also contains some quite special ingredients, many of them not commonly used.
The first ingredient on the list is sunflower seed oil which is a carrier oil found in many balms and moisturisers. It has high vitamin E content and it’s rich in linoleic acid which helps to hydrate the skin and strengthen the skin barrier.
Other common ingredients include coconut oil, olive oil, avocado butter and olive squalane. These all help to hydrate, provide anti-oxidants and soothe and soften the skin while offering an anti-ageing effect.
There is also mango seed butter in this balm which is also quite commonly found in various moisturisers and balms. Mango seed butter soothes, softens and moisturises the skin.
Here are the oils in this balm that I normally don’t see in moisturisers:
- Papaya Seed Oil – rich in various vitamins and known to reduce hyperpigmentation. It has anti-inflammatory properties so it’s great for fighting acne.
- Broccoli Seed Oil – light and non-greasy, full of antioxidants. It helps to moisturise the skin.
- Cucumber Seed Oil – rich in vitamin E and other nutrients, it helps to strengthen the skin barrier.
- Raspberry Seed Oil – good for fighting acne, it also helps eczema to heal.
- Coriander Seed Oil – .soothes inflammation and prevents irritation, resulting in soothed and calm skin.
- Ginger Root Oil – can soothe redness and eliminate bacteria. It also adds a scent to the balm.
- Mandarin Peel Oil – a fragrance with anti-bacterial properties.
Finally, you will also find plant extracts in Myroo balm such as Calendula Flower Extract and Rosemary Extract. These have anti-inflammatory and skin-soothing properties and help the skin to heal and reduce skin irritation.
I love the cocktail of nourishing, soothing and healing ingredients in Myroo balm. This is one of the ways how Myroo balm is different from other similar balms. It doesn’t contain only the cheapest oils and butters, it also has an addition of other potent and not so commonly used oils that really make a difference to the skin.
Surprisingly this is not a very thick balm, it is almost runny in some places in a jar actually. This is not an issue for me, it’s actually a good thing as it makes it very easy to spread onto the skin.
Just like many other balms, it leaves an oily feeling on the skin but this slowly sinks in and makes the skin softer. Because it takes time to absorb I only use this balm at night, normally before bed. It works very well as an overnight treatment.
I use it on my dry heels and knees and other dry areas I find on my skin. I even put it on my hands. It works surprisingly well. It really makes a big difference on my dry areas, especially on my feet. It softens the skin, makes it smoother and helps to heal any cracks. Just when I thought that Weleda Skin Food is the best foot cream for my feet, Myroo balm is also amazing for this purpose, if not even better.
If you haven’t found a balm that works on your dry skin yet, you definitely need to try Myroo Superfood balm. It’s really good. It simply works and if you have sensitive skin, this is another reason why you should give it a go as it’s formulated with this type of skin in mind.